Thursday, February 24, 2011

Taking Auntie to Ikea

In the midst of re-doing Arabella's playroom, I decided that we needed one more piece of the storage shelving that we purchased at Ikea. We had not thought about where we would put some books and some of her art supplies. So I decided that we needed to make a return trip to Ikea. And it was perfect since Auntie had never been before. Another bonus was that it was early in the week so it wouldn't be too busy, which is always a bonus when you go to Ikea. I don't know about you and if you have an Ikea near you, but if you go on the weekend, it is like suicide with how crazy and busy it gets. Sometimes you can't even find a parking space in the lot!
Arabella had fun showing Auntie all the furniture and they had fun trying things out. Arabella would run from "room to room" saying "Check this out, check this out", it was so cute. I was also surprised with how great she did in the store. We had to be there for at least 2 1/2 hours and we even had lunch in the restaurant. I was able to get the additional storage piece and shelving for her playroom, a few photo frames, a new floor lamp for my office (which is one of the next rooms that I am re-doing), a huge (and I mean huge) glass vase for the foyer. (This is one of things that I have been looking for forever and I love it!) For the most part, I love Ikea, sure there are things that I won't buy there and for basics like picture frames and storage and decorating items, it is great. Now, we couldn't buy a sofa or chair there since most of the furniture makes Jay look like a giant since the scale is so small, but otherwise it is nice having an Ikea just a few kilometers away. We had a great time and now Auntie Lori is hooked and will be making a trip to the Ikea in New Haven when she gets home.




No comments: