It was the perfect day for a drive and what should have been an uneventful trip back to the States turned into a nightmare of a drive. We made it through customs and while Arabella was taking a snooze in the back, I decided to have a snack. But as I was eating an apple, I was hit with a severe case of gastro. I will spare you the details, but needless to say, it wasn't pretty and I had flashbacks to the night of my bachelorette party. After I was done getting sick on the side of the highway in Vermont, a State Trooper stopped to ask if everything was OK, which was comforting, and I felt better so I thought I could make the rest of the drive. However, it wasn't going as good as I thought it would. I had to stop again and when I made it to Massachusetts, my dad had to come and pick us up and drive the rest of the way. Thank goodness he was able to come and rescue us. Thank you Dad! I was totally wiped out and Arabella was being so good. We went to bed early and laid low the next day. Arabella did have a fun time playing with the cats at Grampy's and she even got to feed Patches, the turtle. She and Grampy had fun playing with Playdoh and she even helped load the dishwasher.
On Thursday, we had dinner with Aunt Margo and Uncle Bill. It was nice to be able to spend a little time with them before we went to Auntie Lori's for the night. We had fun having a sleep over at Auntie's house before leaving the next morning to make the drive back home. We made a few last minute stops and then we stopped at the Yankee Candle store in Deerfield, Massachusetts and it was perfect timing since they were having their annual warehouse sale. I was able to stock up on some candles which is always a good thing. From there, we hit the road and made it back home.
We had a great trip back, it was nice to have Auntie Lori with us and Arabella rocked in the car...she made the whole road trip (6 hours each way) with no accidents...I really think we have the potty training down. You are awesome Arabella!
No comments:
Post a Comment