Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Drive An SUV But...

This morning, in the middle of some really bad snow, Arabella and I did what Canadians do...we went about our day and went to her Petite Gym class and then met some of her friends at Zig Zag Zoo, an indoor play area. One thing that even a year later I am adjusting to is that everything stays open during storms and the kids still have school...a novel idea, right? I have about 20 years of experience of driving in the snow, but still I couldn't help thinking to myself, you are CRAZY, what are you thinking driving in this???? Here are a few pictures that I took while we were out this morning.





This picture is of the 40, a major 3 lane highway, it was just down to one on the way home and at this point, the snow had tapered off a little bit.


And when we got home, this greeted us. I couldn't even drive in the driveway and I have an SUV. Jay was nice enough to come out to shovel a little path for us so we could get in the house. My car is sitting out on the street until our plow company comes and plows us out.

No comments: