Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day


We had a pretty low key Valentine's Day...Arabella had another snow day and was a bit disappointed that she was going to be having her class party on Valentine's Day. (They actually had the party on Monday and she was so excited to go through her Valentines when we arrived home.) Jay finally made it home on Friday morning. Arabella was very happy to have him back home and she couldn't wait to go sledding with him...he could barely put his work bag and suitcase down before she was dragging him out the door! She was actually onto something, the sun was out and the temps were rising so the snow was starting to melt...and fast!

But before the suited up, we exchanged Valentine's. She couldn't wait to give her homemade ones out. And she was super excited for the cupcakes that Jay surprised her with! I just love the excitement and happiness she exudes - it is so sweet.


They had a bit of a snowball fight before they left! I think Arabella found a good place to hide!


We didn't do too much else, which is OK with me. I find that everything is overpriced on Valentine's Day and spending time with the ones I love is enough. Max and I played while Jay and Arabella went sledding.


Arabella played with her Princess Palace Pets and had them warm up in front of the fire. She loves these things. She has played with them on almost a daily basis since Christmas! It looked like a princess conference in the living room...and this is only part of the ones she has.


Grammie surprised Arabella and Max with a few Valentine presents. Arabella was excited to get a Princess Palace Pet, Bloom, that she has been wanting. And Max loved his Little People. Grammie also sent a few books which we read at bedtime that night. Thank you Grammie for the fun surprises!




And one last Valentine's note, I bought the cutest cookie cutter from Williams-Sonoma right after Christmas. I made the cookies for Arabella's cheer party and never took pictures of the finished product. But did snap these. I love that you are able to make a huge cookie and then a bunch of smaller ones. It is one of my favorite cookie cutters and they cookies come out so cute.




I hope you day was filled with love like ours. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: