Here she is, her first taste of a macaron...
One of the things I have tried to do since moving here was to find things were were used to. It hasn't been easy, but I did find a true French bakery...go figure. Amelie's French Bakery, has 3 locations, and they have most of the pastries and sweet treats we are used to and enjoy. I had planned on getting her macarons for Valentine's Day, but the crazy weather put a wrench in that idea. One of the locations is in Rock Hill, South Carolina...seemed a bit odd to me...but I was in the area the day after Valentine's so I stopped and picked up a few treats as a surprise. The menu was authentic, but the staff, not so much. It is hard for me to pronounce French words correctly (and I lived around that for 3 1/2 years), let alone someone with a Southern accent...I almost lost it when the girl tried to pronounce "croque monsier"! I would like to take everyone back at some point, or at least check out the Charlotte location that is open 24 hours (crazy!!). I picked up a tea cake, a strawberry and pistachio croissant and 6 macarons for my favorite girl. She was over the moon! And I think we have another macaron fan in the house...Max!
No comments:
Post a Comment