Today is Arabella's 100th Day of Kindergarten! It is hard to believe that her first year of school is more than half over. She loves school and her teachers and is learning so very much. I can't remember a single day when I have picked her up at the end of her school day that she has not had a smile on her face. I love that she has a thirst for learning and just soaks everything that she is taught up. Her reading is amazing and I am shocked at the amount of words she can read. Each of her report cards has shown improvements from the beginning of the year, which is wonderful. She is even above grade level in some areas.
To celebrate the 100th day of school, they will be doing "centers" in the classroom today to mark the occassion and she had a homework project that was due this morning. She had to come up with something that signified the 100 days to her - it could be food oriented, a craft, etc. She decided to make an "owl tree". She still loves her owls and thought it would be fun to make. And it was, she painted a foam board with a tree and then added 100 owls to it. She was so excited and proud of her work! I like that owls are a symbol of wisdom and that it goes along with the theme of learning in school.
I am so very proud of you Arabella - keep up the great work!
No comments:
Post a Comment