Friday, February 28, 2014

Arabella's Sweet Valentine

It has taken me a few days to figure out how to write this post without crying. I still am amazed at how much Montreal is a part of us. The time we spent there flew and in the grand scheme of things, 3 1/2 years is not that long, but it will always be a part of us. The friendships we made will last a lifetime and I miss them so much. I know that Arabella does too. Every so often, she will get quiet and I know what will come next..."Mommy I miss Montreal, I miss (_________) (which is fills in with the name of whomever she is missing at the moment. One friend that has truly captured a part of her heart was Jack, and vice versa. The went to preschool together for 2 years and the bond they created is quite evident, at least to me. She still talks about him like she was playing on the playground with him yesterday. In the beginning she gravitated towards him, they had never met before preschool and in the beginning he was so shy and would hide behind his mom, Nat. But over the course of 2 years, they became fast friends. After school, they would play on the playground together, they played at the pool together over the Summer, they sat next to each other during snack and when they had lunch at school. She just loved him. And on her last day of school, you could see how much they were going to miss each other. They hugged the door and I am so happy I was able to snap a picture of it. He also gave her a framed picture that Nat had taken of them the Spring of their 1st preschool year. She has proudly put it on her book shelf, front and center.



Over the past 10 months, they have written each other notes, cards and exchanged birthday gifts. She asked me recently if we could FaceTime and I need to get on that...she would love to see him. And this Summer when we visit, seeing Jack (and Nat) is on the top of our list. But most recently, she received a small padded envelope from Jack. She was excited to open it and it melted her heart. Inside was a Valentine's Day card and a cute Hello Kitty beaded necklace (which she has worn everyday since receiving it!).



I have to say, this is the sweetest note/card that she has received. She couldn't believe that he remembered her on Valentine's Day. Thanks Jack (and Nat) for making her month. We miss you both so very much.


No comments: