We played out in the snow after a bit of lunch. This was the first time Max really played in it. He seemed to enjoying crawling around and playing in it with Arabella. She was so excited to finally have snow that she could build a snowman with! We stayed out in the yard for almost an hour playing before we really got too wet. Poor Max - his gloves and boots kept coming off because they are the wrong size - and I can't help knowing that if we were in Montreal still we wouldn't be having that problem! In any event, we had a fun afternoon playing in the snow and I know that we will be spending more time out in it tomorrow! I just hope we get as much snow as they say we are supposed to...I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Here Comes The Snow
So we are supposed to get a decent amount of snow (and sleet and ice) over the next few days. Welcome to winter in North Carolina. Arabella was released from school today at 10:30 am and we have already received the call that she won't have school tomorrow. (And I have a feeling, she won't be going on Thursday and will at least go into school late on Friday.) It started out light and has been snowing for most of the day. Max and I had to run to the store this morning before picking up Arabella and people were crazy. Their carts were overflowing - it was as if armagadden was coming! It was peaceful watching the snow fall while I waited to pick up Arabella at school. It reminded me of snowy days in Montreal and how much I miss it there.
We played out in the snow after a bit of lunch. This was the first time Max really played in it. He seemed to enjoying crawling around and playing in it with Arabella. She was so excited to finally have snow that she could build a snowman with! We stayed out in the yard for almost an hour playing before we really got too wet. Poor Max - his gloves and boots kept coming off because they are the wrong size - and I can't help knowing that if we were in Montreal still we wouldn't be having that problem! In any event, we had a fun afternoon playing in the snow and I know that we will be spending more time out in it tomorrow! I just hope we get as much snow as they say we are supposed to...I am keeping my fingers crossed!
We played out in the snow after a bit of lunch. This was the first time Max really played in it. He seemed to enjoying crawling around and playing in it with Arabella. She was so excited to finally have snow that she could build a snowman with! We stayed out in the yard for almost an hour playing before we really got too wet. Poor Max - his gloves and boots kept coming off because they are the wrong size - and I can't help knowing that if we were in Montreal still we wouldn't be having that problem! In any event, we had a fun afternoon playing in the snow and I know that we will be spending more time out in it tomorrow! I just hope we get as much snow as they say we are supposed to...I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment