And many store entrances were stocked with snow gear like this...
I had no sooner dropped her off and it was time to go back and pick her up as she was being released at 11:30! Not a single flake had fallen from the sky and she was getting out of school. When I picked her up, she was a bit confused...why would they get out of school early when there wasn't even snow falling. In our time in Montreal, only once, yes, ONCE were schools closed and that was because there was a ton of snow and then ice on top of it and more snow. This was just silly! I get that they do it for safety reasons, but still. So we came home and we waited for the snow to fall, and finally it started at 5 pm...Arabella had to go out in it and Max too. It wasn't must, but hey, we have to take what we can get.
Arabella was so excited when she woke up the next day! And she had a snow day, which meant we didn't have to rush out of the house. She couldn't wait to go outside...and of course Ted had to go with her. I was afraid she would be disappointed as this is what she ran out to...
She had 2 snow days and then a 2 hour delay for all this snow!! Crazy! We did try to make the best of it. We bundled up and took out our sled from Montreal. We went for a walk and enjoyed what we could. (We laughed when we saw some people in our neighborhood trying to sled down a hill...seriously people, you looked like idiots and you keep getting stuck in the grass!) Arabella wanted to make a snowman so bad, but the snow was way too dry. She told me she was moving back to Canada. And I don't blame her, if I could, I would too!
As I write this, they are predicting some snowy and icy weather to head our way this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it ends up more snow and that the 4-8 inches they are saying we will get is true! Bring on the snow Mother Nature, pretty please!
No comments:
Post a Comment