Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Montreal Traffic
This post has been 18 months in the making. One of the first things I noticed about Montreal was the traffic. There is a lot of it at any time of the day or night. Case in point, last Thursday I had an appointment downtown at 10:15 - you would figure all the rush hour traffic would have been over - guess again - it took me 2 hours to get downtown, good thing the appointment I had was flexible and able to take me at 11:45 instead of 10:15! It is not like we live that far from downtown so it shouldn't have taken that long. And in the Summer it gets worse since this is when they supposedly do construction on the roads. In my opinion, it seems like they put out the construction cones, but you never really see any workers around. I guess all this traffic is the price we pay for living on an island...I am just happy that I am not working here and having to make a commute into Montreal on a daily basis! Take a look at all the traffic mid-day...it is as far as the eye can see and in every direction!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment