After spending Thursday with Cynthia and GiGi, Arabella woke up from her nap asking for croissants. She didn't have any at Cynthia's house, we did not have any at our house and she really wanted one. She asked for them on Friday, Saturday and on Sunday morning...which resulted in a trip to Tim Hortons since it was the only place open that early in the morning. She she had been asking so sweetly, I checked to see if one of my cookbooks had a recipe...how hard could they really be to make?? I found a recipe in my
Larousse Gastronomique cookbook and sure enough it seemed simple, only about 5 ingredients and it looked as if most of the recipe time would be spent waiting for the dough to rise. So on Monday, Arabella and I decided to finally make them.


After a lot of waiting for the dough to rise, and a lot of rolling, dotting with butter, rolling out again, they finally begin to take shape.

The final product, not too good looking or tasting...

My friends may call me Martha Stewart, but apparently the only thing that Martha can't make are croissants. They just didn't come out right, too doughy, at least we tried. Needless to say, croissants are the one thing that I will leave to the patisserie!
No comments:
Post a Comment