Arabella loves playing outside and one of the outdoor play items that I have been wanting to get her is a playhouse. A few of her friends have them and every time we have play dates at their houses, she gravitate towards the playhouse and it is hard to tear her away. She just loves them, Jay on the other hand, doesn't. He also doesn't think that we need "another yard ornament". So when he wouldn't budge on not getting one, I let it go. But when we were at Laura's house on Saturday, I made a comment about wanting one, and Cynthia told me there was a great one on the curb near her house. Seriously, was it in good condition, she said yes, just looked like it needed a good cleaning but was all in one piece. So Laura and I hopped in the car to go check it out while Cynthia and Carrie watched the kids. And sure enough, it was right where Cynthia said. We made sure that it was free for the taking and it was! So we started to take it apart and load it into my car, but it wouldn't all fit. We went back to Laura's and I had to call Jay and ask him to drive out, with the his company car and tie downs, to get it. I was surprised when he agreed, but really, why wouldn't he, it cost us NOTHING! It took me about 2 1/2 hours to clean up, and I did a little research, it looks like Little Tikes doesn't make the Victorian Cottage anymore, but people are selling them used for $175 to $200...so when it was new, I can only imagine that it cost about $250 or more! So needless to say, this a Fabulous Find and Arabella is on Cloud 9!
Following the company car and parts of the play house home!
No comments:
Post a Comment