Just thinking about September 11, 2001, makes me cry. I have the following picture framed in my office of the twin towers

Recently, Arabella was in my office with me and she pointed to the photo and said "Castles, Big Castles". It was so sweet and she was so inquisitive as if she was asking me to tell her about the castles. In the only way I could while tears filled me eyes, I tried to explain that they are castles in the sky and are filled with angels who are watching over our country. That was the best I could do, at least for now. She will learn about it soon enough when she goes to school and learns US History, and I wonder how the story will be told and what the school books will say about this horrific day.
In that one instant the world forever changed and it will never be the same. Today, I remember those who lost their lives and their families. I remember those who protect the United States and are in harms way to keep us safe. And I remember to be thankful for those we hold closest to our hearts, for we never know when our lives will change in an instant.
No comments:
Post a Comment