Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun For Arabella And Me

One of my saving graces here in Montreal has been the Wee Wiggles! It is a fabulous group of moms who are locals as well as expats like me. We always have so much fun when we get together with the Wee Wiggles and last week was no different. The fun started on Thursday night for me when I joined a group of moms to do some beading. Now I am so not creative when it comes to making jewelry, but I figured it would be a fun time to just get out and socialize over some sangria with other adults! So while Jay took Arabella out to dinner, I headed to Bijoux Melly Belle Beads in Vaudreuil-Dorion, which is off the island to try and make a bracelet. I never thought it would be so hard to pick out beads - there we hundreds to choose from and I just could make up my mind. I finally settled on neutral grays, deep blues and black and I just love what I came up with. There is also a tiny pink Swarovski crystal at the very end - just a little finishing touch.



Anyway, the evening was so much fun and I just love the women that I have come to know through the Wee Wiggles. We have a great time every time we get together and I look forward to our outings with and without the kids!

Speaking of having fun with the kids, Arabella and I go to a Mom and Tots Group on Friday morning and most of the same moms belong to this group as well. It is a lot of fun since the kids get a chance to run around and play and we get to chat over coffee! Either way, it is a win-win for all of us! Last Friday, after the group, Arabella and I headed to Laura and Allyson's house for some lunch and more playtime for Arabella and Allyson. Our friends Christoper and June were also there for a little while and the kids had fun enjoying lunch together before Christoper and Jun had to leave. After lunch, Arabella and Allyson ran around and were like two peas in a pod. They are so similar, they are just a month apart in age and have so much fun! They both have teddys and didgys that they seem to have to take everywhere with them. It was so nice to see Arabella having such a fun time playing and sharing! It was a great morning for all of us and we look forward to having more fun with Laura, Allyson and the other moms and tots!





1 comment:

Alana said...

Pretty bracelet! Love the sparkly pink bead at the end :)