Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Arabella's Bedroom
I finally finished Arabella's bedroom. The last item was her curtains, and I must say, making curtains is harder than it looks. Good thing I still have the sewing machine that my grandparents gave me as an 8th grade graduation present. For my first time doing something like that I think they came out pretty good. Every now and then I drag it out to do a small project and I am surprised at what I can do. And the only reason that I made the curtains is because I have had a hard time finding curtains that match her bedding now that Pottery Barn has discontinued her bedding set! However, I am not sure that I will attempt curtains again! Despite the color on the walls, the curtains and everything else looks pretty good in her new room. There is plenty of room for her to read and play. Jay put up the book shelf that she had in her room in Ohio as well. She seems to be enjoying the larger room and has made herself right at home!


Labels:
Arabella,
decorating,
Montreal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the room..where in the world did you get the book shelf? That is what I have been totally looking for!
Thanks! Jay made it when we were in Ohio. It is actually pretty simple, if you want, I can take upclose pics and email them to you. It would be a good project for Derek :)
Yeah that would be perfect thanks!
Post a Comment