Monday, February 22, 2010

A Little Push

Every now and then we need a little push with things that we set out to accomplish. In my previous post on New Year's Resolutions, I resolved to get back to my pre-Arabella weight. I have been struggling with this for 21 months now and I am just fed up. After unsuccessfully trying diets and exercise, I decided to do a little research on a diet that a mom that I met through Wee Wiggles tried. It is Smart for Life or some of you may know it as The Cookie Diet. As appealing as the name sounds, I will not be eating cookies all day long. The following are some facts about the diet:

Made with all natural and 60% organic ingredients

Smart for Life products include natural ingredients that have proven health benefits including reducing cholesterol, increase bone health, improving intestinal health and maintaining cholesterol, glucose and insulin levels that are already in the normal range

The Smart for Life® Cookie combine a perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates, fiber and other nutrients that leave you satisfied, control your hunger naturally

Founded by Dr. Sasson Moulavi, MD, a bariatric physician, Smart for Life® is based on his realizations of how food affects our health and uses the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP) Guidelines

The Smart for Life® Cookie Diet meal replacement foods are nutritionally designed to be balanced and achieve maximum weight loss

I have to eat a cookie every 1.5 to 2 hours and drink as much water as possible. In addition to the "cookies" I will have to eat 10-12 oz of protein (no red meat) at dinner with 5 servings of vegetables. I also will have to potential scale back my treadmill workouts since I am very limited in my caloric intake.

In case you are wondering, this is what 30 days of food (not including dinners) looks like:




It is now time to get serious and down to business. I am confident that I will succeed on this one. And it is time to go have another "cookie"!

2 comments:

Alana said...

Shana- you look fabulous! But that sounds like an a neat diet/eating plan. You will have to keep me posted on your results :) We are going to start the p90X on Monday... Wish me luck! I never ever stick to diets, but since the hubby and I are doing this together, I hope we get serious, keep each other in check, and get fit!

Shana said...

Thanks Alana! I have heard great things about p90x...let me know how it goes for you. Doing it together should help, I know it is easier for me if I do it with someone. I am off to workout now!