Friday, February 12, 2010

We Got Them!

One of the hottest selling items in Canada right now are the red mittens that everyone at the Olympics will be wearing. They have been selling out all over the country. As soon as the stores get them in, the fly right out the door. I even received a call from my mom this morning saying that she say the anchors on the Today Show wearing them and that she wanted a pair. She lives in Florida and needs mittens...really?? So Arabella and I ventured out to Zellers to see if they had any in stock. Now we had never been to Zellers before and I was not sure what to expect. I was hoping for a Target like store, but no such luck. It is a step up from Wal-Mart and a step below Target...oh, how I miss Target. But that I will save for another post. Back to the mittens. As soon as you walk in the store, you are bombarded with display after display of Team Canada merchandise. They actually had the mittens hidden in a corner near customer service. There we at least 3 other people there buying them up. I must say that they are pretty cute and nicely made. The inside is nice and soft so they will hopefully keep your hands warm. Yes, Mom, when it gets to be 30 degrees in Florida, I am sure your fingers will stay toasty! With this purchase, Arabella and I have done our part in supporting Team Canada and made one more step of fitting in with the rest of Montreal and Canada!

No comments: