I hope this post doesn't contain too much TMI (too much information), but I have to blog about this. Continue reading at your own risk.
This afternoon Arabella and I went to the park since it was such a beautiful afternoon. When we got home, we did the usual routine of removing our coats and shoes in the mud room. While I was cleaning things up, she started to pull at her diaper and say "poop, poop". I thought she was just telling me that she had gone poop, but what she really was saying was that she had to go poop. She took my by the hand and led me to the bathroom where we have her new pink potty that she picked out. And she pointed to it and said "poop" again. I finally got it so we removed her diaper and she sat down, just like an old pro. I was surprised that after a few short moments, she got up, looked down, pointed and said "poop" one more time. Sure enough, she had gone in her potty! We had a little celebration and she she gave me a high five. This is such a milestone for her as we have not done any sort of potty training at all.
I am so proud of her, but know that there will be bumps in the road. But she was so happy and did such a great job with no pushing or prodding at all. Maybe this will be easy for us...I am keeping my fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment