Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pirate Boy Max's 1st Birthday Party

I can't believe how quickly Max's 1st Birthday snuck up on me. I feel like I hardly planned anything for his party, and in comparison to Arabella's 1st Birthday, I didn't. I am sorry Maxton, and I promise that next year, your Birthday party will be different.

Since we have been calling him Pirate Boy since before his birth, I decided to do a bit of a pirate theme. I made him a cake in the shape of a pirate ship, which proved to be a bit challenging, but I think it came out good. All things considered, this was the first time I have ever cut shapes out and placed them to make a different shape for a cake.





Arabella helped to make his "smash" cake and she did a fabulous job!  Max loved it!



Arabella was also in charge of the decorations. They were a mix of Christmas garland, ballons and streamers. It was festive to say the least, but I guess this is what happens when you let a 5 1/2 year old take over the decorating duty!  I especially love the balloon on the Christmas tree and Max had fun wrapping himself up in the streamers.




It was time for cake before we knew it and in front of Grampie, Aunt Margo, Arabella, Jay and I, Max had fun smashing and destroying his cake. At first, he wasn't too sure about it, but when he figured out that he could make a huge mess, he had a ball!









After the cake, we changed into pj's and opened a few presents. He had fun ripping through the paper and checking out a few more new toys...just in case he didn't get enough at Christmas! (I guess that is the blessing/curse of being born so close to Christmas!)





He took off pushing his pirate ship boat from Auntie Lori and he hasn't stopped. Thank you Grampie and Auntie Margo for sticking around for a few extra days to celebrate with Max.

Happy 1st Birthday my baby boy. I love you so much!

No comments: