I can't believe that we are at the end of the second week of January 2014. Christmas seems so far away. And now that all the Christmas decorations are down and packed away, I feel sad. I am already thinking about what I didn't do this year and what I would like to do next year for Christmas. And I already started my Christmas shopping...early, I know, but when I see something I need to pick it up...now I just need to remember where I hide things. Christmas was a blur of activity filled with family and laughter. It was so nice to have our family at our house and to celebrate our first Christmas here. I loved all the excitement leading up to the day. Arabella and Max loved having more people to play with. We baked, cooked, laughed, wrapped, and hung out enjoying each other's company. It was a bit odd having both my mother and father in the same house together for a few days...it has been at least 15 years since that happened last. (But we are lucky that they get along.) Our house was full of Mom flew in from Florida, Lori flew down from Connecticut, Mike, Jeff, Rocco and Macy drove from Ohio, and Dad and Aunt Margo made the drive from Connecticut. It was a houseful and we managed to get along for the most part. Even with a few hiccups during the holidays, which were bound to happen with that many people and dogs in the house, it was a very Merry Christmas and I am glad we were together.
We made the best of our time together and kept busy by:
Making cookies...
Lori and I dressed like festive twins...
We had a bit of fun drinking Peppermint Bark Vodka and Tennessee Sipping Cream...
Max had his first pizzelle...
Jeff and Aunt Margo spent a lot of time outside...
We had "Christmas with Auntie Lori" before she left to fly back to Connecticut...
We had "Christmas with Grammie" before she flew back to Florida on Christmas Eve...
Arabella and Max had fun hanging out and playing with Uncle Mike and Rocco...
We got ready for Santa. Arabella left out magic reindeer food so they could find out house and then left out cookies, milk, carrots for Santa and the reindeer and dog treats for Santa Paws...
We took walks at night to enjoy the Christmas lights in our neighborhood...
Arabella and Jay worked in the yard to prep for our garden this year...
We opened presents from Aunt Vivi and Baby Charlize...
We snuggled with Grampie and Auntie Margo...
We went on walks...
And Arabella got really, really good at hula hooping on wii...
Just thinking about all of that has worn me out! And to think there is more that we did...which will be in another post!
No comments:
Post a Comment