I am sure I have said this before, but in case I haven't, Arabella loves getting mail. Every day she runs to the mail box when we get home to see if there is anything for her. It is pretty cute, but when there isn't anything she gets a bit disappointed. However, last week was a good mail week for her. She received two very big surprises in the mail. She was so happy, but a bit sad when she figured out who the mail was from. (I don't blame her, she was just sad, because she misses her friends in Montreal, like me.) But the sadness didn't last long once she opened the mail.
The first piece of mail was a surprise birthday gift from one of her good friends from school, and I think he really was her 1st boyfriend of sorts. Jack sent her the sweetest homemade birthday card and a gymnastics Barbie. She was so excited and it was such a nice surprise for her. She immediately took the card and hugged it and then started playing with the Barbie. She so excited about it that she wanted to put the doll in certain gymnastics poses and take pictures of her. Thank you so much Jack (and Nat) for remembering Arabella's birthday - you are so thoughtful and kind to have remembered.
Her second piece of mail, was from Emily, her old babysitter. She misses Em terribly and loved when Em would watch her. Emily sent her a wonderful letter about her experience at a gymnastics competition in Newfoundland and even sent some pictures to Arabella. The pictures showed Emily doing tumbling during the competition and Arabella loved seeing them. Emily also told Arabella how her team placed high and Arabella was super excited to know that Emily did so well. I think that also helps to get Arabella's interest in gymnastics back up too - which is great! Thanks Emily for sending the letter and pictures, Arabella loved that you remembered her and can't wait to write back to you.
1 comment:
Awh Shana this is so sweet! Thank you. I miss Arabella so much ):
Post a Comment