Arabella has been happy to be going to school. I think the routine had helped her adjust to our move a little bit easier. She seems to enjoy it and has made some new friends, however, the program is much more different than what she is used to. Even so she seems to be doing well. She just has one more week and then she is out of school for the summer!
Last week, she had a field trip. Her class went to The Hunter Farm to go strawberry picking. We got a little tour of the farm, saw how a dairy cow is milked and even made ice cream. One of the cows had just had a baby so all the kids were excited to see the baby calf. Max and I joined in the fun too. It was a warm morning but despite the sun and heat, we had a good time and were able to bring home some yummy strawberries!
Arabella's class also celebrated her birthday last week. We were able to bring in cupcakes...although they had to be store bought and not homemade. I hate that...they said it is because they can't ensure that our kitchen is clean enough and the we follow the proper cooking procedures...whatever!! So we had to buy the loaded with sugar and fake food coloring cupcakes that make the kids hyper for the rest of the day. OK, OK, I'll get off the soap box now. On the other hand, Arabella was excited to be able to bring in Hello Kitty cupcakes for the girls and superhero cupcakes for the boys. And we actually got them free...they rang up the wrong price at Harris Teeter so I guess when that happens, you get the item for free. Anyway, she was happy to be able to celebrate a bit with her new class. It was a special afternoon for her.
See what I mean...so fake and sugary looking!
She loved having the class sing her "Happy Birthday"!

No comments:
Post a Comment