This is such a bittersweet post for me to write for many reasons. It is hard to believe that Arabella has completed 2 years of preschool - where did the time go - and will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. I also thought she would finish her preschool tenure at Magic Circle in Montreal and graduate with the group of kids that she has become so close to. And for the first time since we moved here, I totally felt alone. I was the only parent alone, I did have Max with me, but no other family was with us. Jay was out of town and it was just the three of us. Arabella didn't seem to notice, she was too excited, but it was hard for me. So very, very hard and I felt alone. No other way to say it...just alone...
Earlier in the day, she had a party with her class. You could see the excitement in their eyes and all the energy that was in the room. All of the kids filled up on sugar and then we went home to get ready for the graduation ceremony. In 2 1/2 short months, Arabella tried her best to acclimate to the new way of doing things and enjoyed going to school. She would be excited when I picked her up and she would tell me all about her days, but you could tell she missed her old teachers and friends. She even told me that she missed Magic Circle because they did really fun crafts. All the changes aside, she did really well at Cranfield Academy. She picked up the recorder in her music class and played right along with her classmates at graduation and she was given a nice sized part in the graduation play.
Arabella was so excited to put on her fancy party dress and head to her graduation. She was happy to have Max be there and wanted me to sit in the front row so that I would be able to see her and the play. I also wanted to sit there so I could take pictures for Jay and our family. She was so proud of her accomplishments. It was adorable to see.
It is so cute how her beloved Ted is never far from her side...
Saying the Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
Playing Mary Had A Little Lamb on the recorder.
Walking across the stage to get her diploma.
They did a play of the book Miss Rumphius...it was so adorable.
Arabella and her teachers - Miss. Heather and Miss. Laura.
Proud Mommy Moment. Me and my Graduate. I love you Arabella and I am so very proud of you!



No comments:
Post a Comment