Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Chaos of Moving

Our move from Montreal to Charlotte has not been the easiest.  For me it has been the hardest move.  I thought my first move from Connecticut to Ohio was hard - I left the place where I grew up and an amazing job - it took a while to adjust...but that move has nothing on this one.  I am not sure it has fully sunk in yet...

The movers were at our house in Montreal bright and early on a Tuesday morning.  I wasn't totally ready for them, but then again, who really is.  It takes no time at all for the place to become a sea of boxes and packing material.  It always amazes me how quick things get packed up.  It was so overwhelming to see everything going into boxes.  And even after 3 moves, I still feel unsettled when all your belongings are packed into a truck and they are now in someones else' hands.  We had a ton of boxes this time around because our things were supposed to go into storage.  When that happens every thing needed to be emptied - all the drawers in dressers, Arabella's toy bins, etc.  Fortunately, our things didn't go to storage, unfortunately, everything has had to be put back in it place...more work for me.  Before long, all the rooms in our house had boxes filling up the rooms.




After 2 days of packing, they finally started loading everything onto the truck.  I hate that part.  Seeing everything go onto the truck.  It was pretty hard to watch.  But in no time our house was empty and the truck was pulling away. 



We watched the truck pull away at the end of a long week.  You can see how tired we were in these pictures...UGH! (I can't believe I even put this picture on here!)


So away our things went, next stop Charlotte!

No comments: