It is strawberry season in the South. I guess that is one good thing about living here, if we were still in Montreal, we would be waiting until mid-June for local berries. And they local berries are so delicious. The Hunter Farm is not far from us and they had a sign up saying "Strawberry Pick-Ur-Own...Coming Soon" for what seemed like weeks. Each time we would drive by, Arabella would ask what the sign said and every time I would have to tell her soon. Well, on May 1st, the day finally came when they were open. We were so excited. We both love strawberries and I promised her that after I picked her up at school we would stop and pick some. The weather was overcast, which was perfect for us, not too hot and the fields only had one other mom and her son in it. We had the pick of the patch. Arabella was so excited to hunt for yummy red berries and we filled up a bucket in no time. The berries were so sweet and juicy. We couldn't wait to get home to eat them. It was a great afternoon and Max even had a good time, no fussing and just took the whole scene in.
No comments:
Post a Comment