Saturday, February 25, 2012

Winter Beauty

It started snowing 24 hours ago and it has just stopped. Now it is cold and blustery out, but we are long overdue for some real winter weather. I actually can;t remember how long it has been since our last significant snowfall and there were patches of grass showing on many lawns since it has been unseasonably warm. I was actually excited to see the snow start and it wasn't too bad out when we left for swim lessons yesterday afternoon. When we left the aquatic center, I was amazed at how much had come down in such a short period of time! And the roads were very messy on the drive home. But everything was beautiful and the snow coming down was the heavy, wet snow that blankets everything.
I took this picture after about 2 hours of snow...I love how she is looking outside.


These 2 shots were taken last night - just beautiful!

When I went to the gym this morning, it was still snowing. I took the camera with me since I was going to be by the Lakeshore and I wanted to check out the water. I was the only one at the park that I stopped at and it was so quiet and beautiful. I love the silence the snow brings with it. It was still snowing and the wind was picking up, but I made the trek to the shoreline and it didn't disappoint.




I love how everything is covered in the fresh white blanket and am happy to have had some more snow. I think that Arabella and I will probably go out and play in it tomorrow after we drop Jay off at the airport.

No comments: