Friday, February 24, 2012

Glow Stick Fun

Pintrest once again has given me a fun idea...using glow sticks! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to find any around here, especially this time of year, but I did. Dollarama had a bunch of different types so Arabella and I picked out an assortment. They had 6 packs of think ones for $1...can't go wrong there. I wanted it to be a surprise for Arabella and so I told her she would have to wait until after dinner to see what we were going to do with them! I was not sure if it would really work, but it did and Arabella loved it. At bath time, we turned the lights out and cracked the glow sticks. Then we threw them in the tub for some glow in the dark bath fun. It was so neat and she had a lot of fun playing with them. I have even figured out a way (actually Uncle Mike did) to make the glow sticks last longer. When you are done with them, stick them in the freezer - next time you need them, take them out and re-crack and shake them. And, viola, they glow again! How fun is this (the pics are not the greatest - it is hard to take pics in the dark with a toddler and moving glow sticks, but you get the idea)...


No comments: