This past week, I tackled the monumental task of going through all of Arabella's clothes from birth to now. This had been on my to-do list for a very long time and I always managed to do something else and put it aside...for multiple reasons...but after it had finally taken over the laundry room, I knew that I had to do it! And since I have a little break now before my next classes start up in March, I figured it was a good project. It literally took me all week. I started on Sunday night and finished packing away all of her clothes (that we are keeping) and the infant bedding on Friday afternoon. (Thank God for space bags!!) It was tough to go through everything and see how little she really was when she was born. In some ways it bothered me to be packing the clothes up - but I know that at some point, we will need them again - I just hope that when we do need them it is for another little girl otherwise, we will be up a creek without a paddle! I also was able to donate some of the things that I am not keeping to a friend who is going to Cuba on vacation - she takes extra clothes for the poor children there so it makes me happy that another child who is in need is benefiting from some of Arabella's things she has outgrown.
One of the items that I was packing away on Friday morning were the Halloween costumes she has worn since her 1st Halloween. As I was getting ready to put them into the space bag with the linens, she came down to the basement and got all excited when she saw them. Arabella wanted to try them on. I tried to talk her out of it, but there was no way it was working, so I let her see for herself that they were too small. The first one she tried on was the ladybug costume from her 2nd Halloween - one of her favorite books lately is the Ladybug Girl series so she ran around the house pretending she was Ladybug Girl with butterfly wings!

Next came the pumpkin costume...she actually never wore this one, it was just one that I bought for $5...not sure why I am keeping it since there is no sentimental attachment to it...

And finally she had to try on the pea pod from her very first Halloween when she was just a few months old...


Needless to say it was funny to see her trying to stuff herself into the too small costumes. She did help me with some of the cleanup. And Jay was very happy when he got home from New Brunswick to see that the laundry was once again a laundry room!
No comments:
Post a Comment