Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day! As soon as Arabella came into our bedroom this morning, she said "Happy Valentine's Day", it was so sweet and she couldn't wait to open the treats that she saw on the counter in the kitchen. She was too excited to open the treats from Grammie and since it was a special day, we let her have some chocolate with her breakfast! Arabella was so excited to go to school today and exchange Valentine's with her friends. They had decorated bags at school last week to hold the cards and when they left school today with the bags full, you could see how excited they were. When we got home, she emptied it out on the table and looked at each card, it was so cute!


After a call with a client and while Arabella was napping, I decided to make her and Jay a special surprise for dinner and desert. I made quinoa and goat cheese meatballs with a fresh tomato sauce for dinner. And for dessert, I made chocolate cakes with the cutest mold that I purchased at Williams Sonoma when I worked there 5 years ago! It took a lot of butter and chocolate to go from this...

to these yummy little cakes...

Jay had asked me what I wanted to do tonight, and I have never really been one to want to go out on Valentine's Day...so instead, I asked him to go to a Bikram yoga class with me. It is something that he said he would try with my just once, and when they had a special at my studio today - Bring Someone You Love to Bikram on Valentine's Day for FREE - I thought it was the prefect thing for us to do. I am impressed with how well he stuck through the class...I remember my first time, it wasn't easy! He did a great job - thanks for joining me Jay! I hope that he now sees just what I do each time I go to class and that maybe he will understand my practice a little more...and give me credit for how hard it really is!

Arabella also made the most special Valentine at school...I just love these projects. They make my heart melt. Thank you so much for such a special Valentine, Little Bean, I love it and I love you!

And one final word on Valentine's Day...I went to Starbucks last weekend when I was in Plattsburgh on my shopping trip and I feel in love with cup for Valentine's Day.

I love how it makes you think about all the different types of "love" there is.

No comments: