Thursday, January 27, 2011

Too Much Time On My Hands???

About once a month, the Hot Hudson Housewives get together for a D&B (a/k/a Ditch & Bitch). The D&B is an evening where we ditch the husbands and kids and get together for a girls night of wince, snacks and bitching/girl talk. We rotate houses and everyone brings something to drink or snack on. So when we had our D&B last week and I went to the store to pick up something to bring the strawberries caught my attention. Maybe it had to do with wanting summer and warm weather and they looked to good to be passed up. Plus they were on sale 2 packages for $5...even better since they are usually about $5 a package. So when we got home and Arabella was down for her nap, I was bored and decided to make the strawberries into a special treat for D&B. What do you think?

From this:


To this:

To the final outcome:
I think the came out great. And they tasted even better. So yes, last Tuesday, I had too much time on my hands, but no one at the D&B was complaining. Having too much time on my hands is not the norm, so I can't promise these at every D&B but you never know...


1 comment:

Alana said...

Those look delicious, good job Shana! I am totally making some for Valentine's Day <3 (even tho they probably will not be a pretty as those!)