Thursday, January 20, 2011

East Coast Girls Stick Together

It is not often that a girl from Connecticut and a girl from New Jersey will get along. But when 2 Italian girls from the Tri-State area leave our comfort zones (Christa's husband Joe is also an engineer and here for work), we have to stick together! Arabella and I met Christa and Sophia through the Wee Wiggles in September but it seems like we have know them for so much longer. We have gotten together as families before and so when we had a snowy Saturday and needed a little fun we decided to have an impromptu get together with Christa, Sophia and Joe at our place. Arabella had a great time showing off her new Playdoh ice cream maker that she received at Christmas. Everyone had fun getting in on the action. Arabella also like showing Sophia how the maker worked. Once Arabella was in bed and Sophia was asleep, the adults were able to enjoy good wine, newly discovered cheese and some yummy chocolate fondue!
a

YUM, Cheese! We tried a new Danish blue, Nablosi (a traditional brined cheese from the Middle East - it is almost like a saltier version of Feta, I love it), Parmesan, Goat Cheese with Maple and Cranberry, and Havarti with Olives and Oregano.
The spread - olives, nuts, cheese and chocolate fondue for dessert!
Christa and I being silly - I love this Jersey Girl!

No comments: