Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Sunday, January 16, 2011
I Promised
One thing that I will never do with Arabella is break a promise no matter how small or trivial. For the life of me I still can't figure out why the malls, both indoor and outdoor, in Florida have these little trains that drive around the mall. Other than making money (it cost $6 for both of us - totally insane for maybe a 10 minute ride), it makes it pretty hard to get in and get out, which is what I have to do when I shop with Arabella. I am so focused and really don't get to window shop anymore. So when she spotted the train one day as we were leaving, I promised her we would go back. She did have a pretty big meltdown, but she was overdue for a nap and she loves to ride the train here at home when we take it into Montreal. So one day when everyone else was working, Arabella, Uncle Mike and I went back to the mall so she could ride the train. As much as it is a money making racket, Arabella had a lot of fun and the smile on her face is priceless.


Labels:
Arabella,
Florida,
train ride
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment