Yes, that is me, before I was even 8 years old! I love everything about the article...the leg warmers, my determination, the Nike sneakers, my locked knee in the top photo (I just need to remember this in my Bikram yoga practice now), how flexible I was (and still am...must be those good gymnastics genes), and most of all, that Mom kept this. I means a lot to me to see things like this and to be able to share them with Arabella. And that I did, I showed her and she said "Wow, Arabella try" and she seemed in awe that I was once little and could do the same moves that she is doing. Thanks Mom, I love getting things like this, keep them coming!
Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Monday, January 24, 2011
Care Packages
I love when I get mail from my Mom. She likes to send me what I call care packages, but instead of being a box, it is a larger envelope. I am sure she would send a care package or box more often, and every once in while and she does, but between the postage (it costs a fortune), filling out customs paperwork, and me quite possibly having to pay customs and duty on something, it is just easier to send an envelope. And I love it!! I never know what I am going to find when I open it up. There are recipes, articles that she finds interesting and I do too, things to do with Arabella, my Connecticut magazine that I subscribe to (they won't mail it internationally, so I have to have it sent to her house and she forwards it on to me) or quite possibly, it is something that will completely surprise me. And that is what happened today, I love it, a newspaper clipping from 1984!



Yes, that is me, before I was even 8 years old! I love everything about the article...the leg warmers, my determination, the Nike sneakers, my locked knee in the top photo (I just need to remember this in my Bikram yoga practice now), how flexible I was (and still am...must be those good gymnastics genes), and most of all, that Mom kept this. I means a lot to me to see things like this and to be able to share them with Arabella. And that I did, I showed her and she said "Wow, Arabella try" and she seemed in awe that I was once little and could do the same moves that she is doing. Thanks Mom, I love getting things like this, keep them coming!
Yes, that is me, before I was even 8 years old! I love everything about the article...the leg warmers, my determination, the Nike sneakers, my locked knee in the top photo (I just need to remember this in my Bikram yoga practice now), how flexible I was (and still am...must be those good gymnastics genes), and most of all, that Mom kept this. I means a lot to me to see things like this and to be able to share them with Arabella. And that I did, I showed her and she said "Wow, Arabella try" and she seemed in awe that I was once little and could do the same moves that she is doing. Thanks Mom, I love getting things like this, keep them coming!
Labels:
care package,
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just discovered I'm on your blogroll. Thanks for that!
XO
Rachel @ Alive in the Fire
Post a Comment