Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Around School

Arabella has been so busy at school. I guess with Spring in the air, there is more to see and do. It seems like everything jumps into high gear the closer we get to the end of the school year...which will be here soon!

Arabella's school had an "art walk" in the hallways. We don't get to much of her art work sent home on a regular basis. The art teacher told me during one of the times I volunteered that she keeps it until after the art show and then sends it home at the end of the year. Interesting...as I can't imagine where she actually keeps the art work of over 1,000 kids! Arabella was very excited to take me on a tour of her school and to show me her art work. I like how the hallways are covered in the art - it was so colorful and bright.


Arabella was also excited to show me the flowers in her classroom garden that we planted in December.  I can't believe how well they are coming up - I was afraid that we had planted them too late in the season.  Her teacher is pleased with the garden and it makes the courtyard cheery.





Last week, I volunteered to decorate her classroom door. Her teacher asked that I come up with a theme that could carry the classroom through to the end of the year. I decided to do something bright and colorful and along the theme of Spring. Arabella even helped make the clouds. It was fun, but was time consuming. Her teacher loved it and so did her classmates.




And for Easter, her teacher had a math themed Easter egg hunt for them in the school courtyard last week. They each had to bring in a dozen Easter eggs filled with candy, stickers or trinkets. They were then given math problems in the egg carton and they had to solve the problem and then find the corresponding egg. Arabella had fun and was excited to share her finds with Max and I after school.


No comments: