We checked into our hotel which was is downtown historic Wilmington. I wish we had a bit more time to explore the area - beautiful old homes and gardens - the azalea festival was going on during our stay so I am sure the gardens were beautiful. Our hotel was located right on the Cape Fear River...remember the movie Cape Fear?!?! I believe some of it was filmed in the area where we stayed! Arabella and Cadence loved going crazy in the room before we checked out the river and then made our way to the beach.
We arrived at Wrightsville Beach late in the day. The beach is my favorite place and the late afternoon is my favorite time to be there. I love when it has cleared out and the beach is quiet. I remember during the Summers in Westbrook, when I would work during the days, as soon as I would get home, I would change and head out to the beach, even it was 4 in the afternoon...it was so relaxing. Arabella was so excited to be back at the beach and I was totally in my happy place!
Despite the wind, setting sun and the cold water, we had a great time at the beach. I loved having my toes in the sand and salt air in my hair. The beach is in my blood and I can't stay away too long. Arabella has already asked to go back...she is totally my daughter.
Before long, we made our way back to the hotel after grabbing a bite to eat. Arabella and Cadence needed to be up bright and early to get ready for their competition. Once the girls were settled into bed, Deanna and I grabbed a bottle of wine and went to the hallway (we couldn't drink in the room as it would have kept the girls awake and it was bad enough it took many times of us going back into the room to get them to finally settle down) - despite some awkward looks and random questions from other hotel guests, we chatted and enjoyed our wine while the girls slept!
No comments:
Post a Comment