Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shades of Winter???

Once again, when I woke up this morning and looked outside, not much had changed. It was partly sunny and the snow patches on the grass and ice on the driveway looked more like March 4th (or in our case in Canada April or May 4th!) than January 4th.

It has been bitter cold out, almost too cold to go outside and then there is not too much to do since there isn't snow...but today I had had enough of being house bound. Arabella is still on school break this week and I needed some fresh air (hopefully it might help kick this cold I have). So after the 15 minute process of getting suited up to brave the cold, we finally made it outside. It was cold, the type of cold where the inside of your nose freezes, but we (or rather I) decided we were going to at least take a walk or play around on the ice rink that is our driveway!

We made it to the park and Arabella was excited to see that there were hockey players on the rink. We watched for a few minutes then she played on another little ice rink. She wanted to skate but I didn't bring her skates or hockey helmet...oops...I just really wanted to go for a walk. I think we may do that tomorrow morning. She did have fun playing or rather slipping around on the ice and then we played on the playground for a little bit before coming home for lunch.


At least we both got some fresh air and she is napping now. Trying to get her back on her schedule has been tough to say the least - I am scared for what next week will bring when she goes back to school! And now looking outside, I see little tiny snow flakes falling...I am keeping my fingers crossed that it adds up to more than a little dusting - it is January after all! But it also makes me think about what Mother Nature has hiding up her sleeve!

No comments: