Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Martha Moment

I love to change out the decor in my apothecary jars that sit on the ledge in my kitchen with each season or holiday. They had been sitting empty since I took down the Christmas decorations and I wasn't too sure what to do for Valentine's Day. So yesterday, Arabella and I went to Bulk Barn to pick up a few things and when I was there, inspiration struck. The jars before...

And after....

All it took was about $5 in bulk candy. I would have done all the same color scheme, but Arabella wanted to help pick out the candy so this is what we ended up with. She even helped put the candy in the jars when we got home!

And what is even better about the decorations, as delicious as they look, we picked candy that I don't eat at all! And because it isn't chocolate, Arabella isn't too interested in trying it out either!

No comments: