Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - Welcome 2012!!!!


"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” -- Edith Lovejoy Pierce


Last night we were supposed to attend a party (with kids) at a friends house, but due to sickness all around, it was cancelled so we spent a low key evening at home. Arabella decided she was tired and went to bed early, but later than normal, but she still couldn't sleep. So I got her out of bed and let her watch Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve with me on the couch. She asked to go to Times Square - and speaking from experience - she has to wait at least 15 more years to go. (Jay and I went on New Years Eve 2005 and it was such an amazing experience - the energy is magnetic and as much as I would do it again, I can also say been there, done that!) Arabella loved seeing Lady Gaga on the show and danced all over the living room

And then after the countdown and ball drop, we went up to bed! As much as we would have loved to be with friends, there is something nice about spending New Years Eve at home. I don't think we would have changed a thing!

We hope that everyone had a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012!! May this New Year bring about transformation and opportunity! I look forward to what 2012 holds for me and my family.

PS - Happy Birthday Uncle Bill! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you, enjoy your day!

No comments: