Last Friday night, I went and did something that you do not approve of. You are not the only one...Jay doesn't really like them either. In fact, he tried to scare me out of it at dinner before we left. You didn't like it when I did it the first time around 15 plus years ago and I know when I told you last Saturday that I did it again, you were not happy. But I can't make you happy all of the time, right??? This is something that I have been wanting to do for over a year, so it wasn't a snap decision, I just needed to really make sure I wanted to do it again and that I was sure of what I wanted done and where. So I finally got up the guts to do it and Lori went with me to hold my hand...actually she didn't, she was too busy documenting it with pictures and asking "does it hurt, does it hurt"? And as you can see from the pictures, it hurt (and it should, after all it is a needle putting vegetable based ink under my skin for all eternity), but not as much as I remember my last one hurting, but I think I have a pretty high pain threshold. (Remember I did have Arabella without any pain meds.) Anyway, I did it and I am happy with it and love it. It has a special meaning to me and I am glad I did it. I just hope you are not to disappointed in me...I love you Mom and I hope that you can accept my decision, that is all I can ask. And hey, at least it is not on my bicep or a tramp stamp on my lower back...right? And maybe, just maybe, by me having tattoo's, Arabella won't want any because she won't want to be like Mom!
And so it began...it wasn't too bad...

Yup, I was grabbing the table for dear life...my knuckles are almost white.

I kept telling myself that it was almost over...
And it is done! I love it!
PS - Thanks to my dear friend, Ivonne, for designing the tattoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment