Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st Day of Preschool

As I write this post, I am still getting teary eyed thinking about this morning. It was Arabella's 1st day of preschool and she couldn't have been more excited. She was awake in her bed when I went to get her around 7 this morning and when I asked her to get up since she had her first day of school today, she had a huge smile on her face. It was so adorable. We had breakfast and watched part of Martha Speaks before getting dressed for the big day! She couldn't wait to put on her new outfit (which I had ironed yesterday and was hanging up ready to be put on...I know what you are thinking about me picking up an iron and yes, I do know how to use one, however, I think the last time I plugged one in was in 2006 when I was still a paralegal at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge....but this was a special occasion and we took a lot of pictures!!)

Before heading off on our walk to school, I had to take a few pictures of Arabella on the porch. She looked so cute and was so excited. She couldn't wait to put on her backpack and new shoes. I just wish that Jay had been in town to see her off on her first day. She talked the whole walk to school and when we got there, we were a few minutes early, so she played hop-scotch and met a few of her new friends/classmates on the playground.




Before long it was time to go into her class.
She was very excited to find the hook with her name and hang up her backpack and sweater.

And after a quick hug and kiss goodbye, she was off into her classroom.

It all went so quick and she did so great - no tears at all. I guess we did a good job preparing her for this day because she was stronger than me. Before we left, her teachers gave us a little care package which was so thoughtful of them to do.


It helped to get some reassurance that we are doing the right thing by sending her to school and to know we have such caring teachers teaching our Little Bean. Today was one of those days that I had to put on my brave face for her so she wouldn't be scared. It was so very hard for me to do. And I cried the whole walk home and then some. It is so difficult sometimes to watch her grow up and become such an amazing little girl. I am not sure how my mom did it when I was growing up. But I do know that the smile on her face and the big hug that I got when I went to pick her up was the best sight in the world. She had so much fun and talked non-stop about what she did on our walk home. I loved hearing about her morning and I know that I will look forward to our walks to and from school three days a week. I am so very proud of you Arabella and I am so happy that you had so much fun today. You can't wait to go back tomorrow!

No comments: