Monday, September 5, 2011

Busy Weekend

This Labor Day Weekend was very busy!! On Friday, we had to say goodbye to Auntie Lori as she had to go back home. We had so much fun with her and we miss her already. Thanks for spending 2 great weeks with us and we can't wait to see you again soon. Thank you for taking over as soon as you got here when Jay and I went to the emergency room and while I was wiped out with bronchitis and Jay had to work...I don't know what we would have done with out you. You are the best!


We were also lucky to be able to spend time with our Jersey Girls this past weekend. Christa, Joe and Sofia were in town for a quick visit. We had a lot of fun with them even though our time spent together was brief. We enjoyed breakfast out one morning and Arabella had fun with Sofia. They colored together, it was so sweet.

And then on Friday, we joined Christa, Sofia & Carrie for a shopping date at Fairview after dropping Auntie Lori at the train station. Arabella was excited to see Sofia again and loved helping to push her stroller. She is getting so big and was so gentle and helpful with Sofia...wonder if she was hinting that she would like a little baby brother or sister...

Before leaving the mall, Christa and I hit the SAQ to pick up a few bottles of wine for the D&B at Carrie's house on Friday evening. I was shocked to see that they carried a few Coppola wines and even more shocked to see the price per bottle...$25.75 a bottle...what the heck!

We always have a great time and it was extra special since Christa was in town and she was able to join us. For the D&B, I decided to have another "Martha Moment" and made mini pretzels filled with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate...so easy and so yummy! Just the right amount of sweet and salty!


On Saturday, we headed to Mike & June's Annual Labour Day Corn Roast party! The weather held out for us and we had a great time. Arabella had a blast playing in the pool and with some new friends and even when it was way past her bedtime, she was still good to go..thanks for being such a good little partier, Arabella! One of the traditions at June & Mike's party is that everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE, goes in the pool! It doesn't matter if you are fully clothed or not, you go in. Jay warned me as he went to their Canada Day party while Arabella and I were in Boston and he told me to bring a change of clothes...did I listen, nope! So needless to say, as much as I screamed to be put down, in the pool I went - FULLY CLOTHED and in a white t-shirt no less! Arabella loved it and was happy I was in the pool. However, I didn't stay in long for a few reason - new tattoo and weighed down by my clothes, but I did laugh about it afterwards!

Yup, that is me...picked up before I knew it and I was in the pool!

One of the things that we were asked to bring was the ice luge made famous at Mike & Dori's 4th of July parties. Our Canadian friends had no idea what we were talking about and were skeptical at first, but once we showed them how it was done, they couldn't get enough of it! We have been put on notice, that for each party, we are requested to bring the ice luge instead of a salad or dessert! We had so much fun and can't wait for next year's party! Thanks June and Mike for hosting this great event! Everything was excellent - the food, the people and the location!! You guys sure do know how to throw a party!

Jay hard at work carving the ice luge!

At long last, June finally experienced the ice luge while I poured!

Arabella and her new friend, Marina.

No comments: