Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Swim Lesson Update
Arabella has been kicking butt in her swim lessons! So much so that she really doesn't need her swim bubble anymore and there is only one thing keeping her from moving to the next level in her swim classes. Our pool uses the Olympic Way swimming program to teach kids to swim. I really like it and it is not too different from the program that I used when I was teaching swim lessons at the Y in high school. This last session was 3 weeks long and 4 days a week. She worked really hard on her starfish back float and swimming while blowing bubbles. Her teacher, Elana even told her on her report card to "Keep on trying to swim all by yourself, one day you'll be a swim star!" There is only on thing holding her back in the White level - she needs to be able to swim forward using her arms for 12 meters (or one width of the pool). Her new 3 week session starts tomorrow and I know she is very excited to start!
Swim class fun...she is on the mat right next to the instructor with the great tan!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment