Monday, July 18, 2011

Boston Bound

After a quick trip to Westfarms, I needed new sneakers for running and a trip to Connecticut is just not the same with a trip to my old shopping grounds, with Auntie Lori, Arabella and I were Boston bound!! She couldn't wait to get in the car and to see Uncle Mike & Uncle Jeff.

Along the way, we passed the exit for my alma matter, The University of Connecticut. They have put up a new sign to let everyone know who rocks the men's college basketball world - Go Huskies!

And shortly thereafter, we saw this one:


Since it was dinner time, we met Uncle Mike, Uncle Jeff and Grammie for dinner at Jake's Seafood in Hull. As soon as I came around the curve in Hull to the shoreline, I could feel the change in my body. I relaxed and again felt at home. Even though I had never been to this town before, it felt familiar and was beautiful. Arabella was the first to spot Uncle Jeff in the parking lot when we got to Jake's...I on the other hand, almost ran him over!! She had to get out of the car even before I parked, it was so cute! I was just as excited to see everyone as Arabella was! It is so nice to be around family, I don't think I will ever be able to put into words how much I miss them and how hard it is to be away from them sometimes...I am so thankful for the close-knit family that I grew up in.
A inlet in Hull at low tide!

Checking out the fresh lobsters with Uncle Mike!


We had a great table, right next to the windows and dinner was so good!! I had fresh, fried clam strips - delicious! Everyone enjoyed their dinner and then we headed back to see Macy & Rocco! They even enjoyed a treat - Frosty Paws!
This was the perfect start to our 4th of July week(end) in Boston!

No comments: