Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fabulous Find

This fabulous find is not something I recently found, but rather something that has been a source of discontent between Jay and I. You see, Jay hates "stuff" - if he hasn't used it in so long, he gets rid of it. He randomly will go through his things and discard items all the time. Sometimes, he will take it upon himself to even go through Arabella's toys and get rid of the broken items or used up markers since he thinks I am taking too long to do it. In my defense, I am usually running around with her and doing other more important things like schoolwork or household chores to get to her toys. I wish I had the time to do it more often, but sadly, it is not at the top of my list. I on the other hand, keep things. I am not a hoarder by a long shot (Jay might have a different take on this), but I keep things that I think will be useful in the future. This particular item (and another one like it) has been hanging around since we lived in Dublin. When we got the notice we were moving here, Jay even become more relentless in his pitching of things. He wanted to get rid of this item when we were given a larger replacement and then again when we moved. I found it in the recycling bin on multiple occasions and took it out. After doing this more times than I can count, Jay relented and let me win this one. Every so often, he asks if he can get rid of it, my answer is/was always "No". I knew that eventually we would find a use for it. Besides, it is not like it was going to take up a lot of room and it would stay in the garage. And last weekend when I finally figured out a use for it. At this point, you probably want to know what it is....

Yup, you are seeing right, it is the old recycling bin. When Dublin replaced the small bins with the large ones on wheels, I kept it. As much as Jay will say he has never used it, he has...I actually had to take some of his car cleaning supplies out of it last weekend to use it! Last weekend, I was cleaning up some of Arabella's outdoor toys and needed to find a places for the larges stacking blocks that our neighbors gave to her. The bin that they were in was all cracked and they were too large for the other bucket have for her sand toys, etc. Then it hit me, the green recycling bin! And sure enough, perfection! Big enough to hold all the blocks, holes in the bottom to let the water drain and not too obtrusive on the patio!

See I knew there was a good reason I was keeping it!

No comments: