Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Growing Up

It is hard for me to do this post since it means that another one of Arabella's firsts has been done. She has been growing by leaps and bounds, just over the week of vacation it seemed as if she had grown a foot taller and her language and vocabulary development has blossomed. She is now talking in full sentences and I am constantly amazed at the words she knows. Even her gymnastics teacher commented on how much she seems to have grown the past few weeks based on her skills and listening in class. Go Arabella!! But that is not the reason for my post. This post is about her "Big Girl Bed". I haven't been ready to transition her from her crib into the toddler bed just yet. For me it meant that she would not longer be my baby and in fact would be growing into a toddler. I also liked knowing that she was safe in her crib...except for when she would climb in and out of it which happened almost everyday and multiple times at that. So I started to ask her if she wanted to move out of her crib ans she would tell me Yes. I figured that if we talked about it, she would get interested in it and it would be easier for me when it did happen. Another factor that helped to make the decision easier was vacation. On our cruise she had her own twin bed and she did great, no issues and she was so excited about having her own bed. So when we got home, we asked her again if she wanted a "Big Girl Bed" and she was so excited and said Yes. So last week, we got her to help and changed over her crib. You should have seen her all excited and helping with the changes. We we finished, she jumped right in and wanted to call Grammie and tell her all about it. It was the cutest thing. She has been so good going to bed and taking naps. Every so often she gets a little scared and calls for me, but for the most part, we have had no real issues. And for that I am thankful, but a little part of me is still sad, seeing how quickly she is growing up, and it makes me realize that I need to slow down and cherish every moment that I have with her now.

Her crib before.

Telling Grammie all about her big girl bed!





No comments: