Arabella then took me out to breakfast and I had my new favorite breakfast item, crepes. Yummy! We were going to check out the Lakeshore, but due to the cold and snowy weather, we went to Ikea instead. Arabella wore herself out and fell asleep on the way home. So we all got to take naps this afternoon, just another one of the perks of Mother's Day, being able to take a nap!
Since Jay did not want to cook dinner, we went out to Mio Vino, an Italian restaurant where you can bring your own wine. It was out of this world! They had so many choices, it was hard to decide on what to eat. We ended up sharing a tomato and mozzarella appetizer, that had a balsamic fig dressing and the cheese was so fresh. I had never seen this type of appetizer prepared this way, it was almost a shame to cut into it.
Arabella enjoyed her favorites, Italian bread and olives, I am amazed at her love of olives, she can eat them everyday. Seriously, a 2 year old that eats kalamata olives, who would have thought! It must have something to do with all the Greek food that I ate from Aladdin's when I was pregnant with her! For dinner Arabella had the Bambino Mac and Cheese, it was prepared how mac and cheese is supposed to be. No powdered cheese here...
Jay had a pasta dish with lobster, shrimp and scallops. It was very good. And I enjoyed gnocchi with walnuts and gorgonzola, It was heavenly!
Mother's Day was perfect in every way. Thank you Jay and Arabella for such a special day. Thank you Arabella for giving me the best present in the world, You, since without you, I wouldn't be able to share in this day! I am the luckiest Mother in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment