Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Arabella

It is hard for me to believe, but my Little Bean is 2 today! Since we did not have a big party for her, I decided to decorate her playroom and get her balloons, she loves balloons! There was even a balloon waiting for her on the banister outside her bedroom when she got up.



Since it was her birthday and she saw the cupcakes that I made for her birthday play date, she was allowed to have one for breakfast...this is normally not allowed at all, but I just couldn't resist her.



Jay and I purchased a water and sand play table for her and we gave it to her early this morning so she would be able to play with it all day. And that is what she did, I think it may have been the best $85 we have ever spent!




She played with her balloons, had a fun play date with Amelie (and Janet), had lunch outside and played some more!






After dinner we had cake and presents on the patio! She had us relight the candles 3or 4 times just so she could blow them out again, it was the cutest thing! She was so excited about her cake she couldn't wait for me to cut into the cake. (I made the beehive cake from scratch and I would have liked to done a better job on the frosting, but it is hard to frost a cake shaped like that and I think I need new pastry bags...) Even if the frosting didn't come out a nice as I liked, she and Jay seemed to enjoy it!





After cake came presents, and lots of them from family and friends (and to think, more are on their way)! She is one lucky little girl and had so much fun opening the gifts and trying everything out. Thank you so much to everyone who remembered her on her special day!!! We love you!!

Jay and I got her a hockey stick since she has become quite the hockey fan!











She had a beautiful birthday and loved every moment of today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARABELLA! Mommy and Dad love you so much and are so happy that you have come into our lives. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have you.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Great B-day! Awesome job on the cake!

Alana said...

Looks like you planned a terrific day for Arabella's birthday celebration! Balloons make any occasion super fun, and the cake is cute! She got great gifts too, what a lucky, loved little girl!