Monday, May 19, 2014

Spirit Rock

Outside of almost every school here, there are huge rocks.  And on almost daily basis, the rock is painted something different.  It has to be a Southern thing as I have never seen something like this before.  They are mostly painted with birthday messages but sometimes there are other occasions as well.  What I found out when school started was that you have to sign up and pay to actually paint the rock.  I went into the website in October and I was amazed at how full the rock was already.  I couldn't get Arabella's actual birthday so I had to do it a few days before.  My friend Deanna helped me paint the rock, which was a huge help.  It was hot and humid and I am so not an artist.  We took the rock from looking like this...


To this...


Arabella was thrilled and so excited!  Thank you so much Deanna, I couldn't have done it without you!




No comments: