He was a little smaller than a silver dollar and I had to do some quick thinking to try and catch it without killing it as I hate to kill spiders. After finally catching it, Arabella and I took it outside and let it go far, far from our house.
And then on Sunday, when we were playing in the yard, this guy caught my eye. He was walking across the top of the grass and the red color was so hard to miss. I am still not sure what it is - I posted the picture on Facebook and was told it was either a carpenter ant or a red and black velvet ant. It look pretty soft, although, we did actually touch it because I wasn't sure if it would sting or bite. We kept it under the glass and he finally kicked the bucket. However, Arabella has it in a jar to show Jay when he gets home from Arizona.
We had tons of spiders in Montreal, but they were pretty small in comparison to the ones we have here. Between the insects, lizards, frogs and more, I want to run back to Montreal as quick as I can to get away from this crazy wildlife!
No comments:
Post a Comment