Reflections and Observations of a Fashionista Mom and Former American Expatriate Missing Montreal
Monday, September 16, 2013
Cleaning Out
Since we don't have a basement anymore and we don't ever use the attic for storage (besides, it gets too hot up there), we are a bit limited on storage space. I have working hard at organizing, cleaning out, donating, consigning and selling things we are not using anymore. One item that is a bit hard for me to part with was the baby bassinet. It is sentimental to me. We used it with Arabella, she spent many hours sleeping away in it and she used it for much longer than she should have because she was so tiny. It was a lifesaver - partly because it was enclosed a bit more than the crib or pack-n-play so she felt cozy in it and when Jay traveled, I like to have her close to me. When she out grew it, we packed it up and moved it Montreal with us. Last November, I unpacked it and got it ready for Max's arrival. He used it, but not nearly as much as Arabella. When I originally purchased it at Target, it was on clearance for less than $60 so I think we got our money's worth out of it. I tired selling it in our garage sale, but it didn't find a new home. And since then it was hanging out waiting for a kids consignment sale that I am doing, however, I wanted (reluctantly) to try and sell it before then as it was just taking up too much space. So I checked with a local consignment store to see if they were interested in selling it for me...and they were. Part of me was thrilled that I could sell it, the other part was sad as a chapter was closing. Jay will be so very happy to see that it is gone when he gets home from Arizona. So before I sold it for $25, Arabella gave Max one more spin (it had wheels) around the first floor in it. They laughed and giggled and that made my heart smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment